Back to the main page
To update the firmware on your EssenceFM, download the latest version below and copy the file at the root of a USB drive.
Plug it into your EssenceFM, go to the Global mode, then in the System section press the "Update" button and follow the instructions.
- New effects: shimmer, long tap delay, mono mix
- New graphical interface:
The firmware update will show you the new theme. If you don't like it go into Global > Display > Appearance and re-select your previous theme. You might also re-select your background pattern and color settings.
- Packed import/export system: multiple elements can be saved in a single file and imported into another EssenceFM while keeping the relations between elements (voices in patch layers, waveforms used by voices etc.)
- Advanced sound randomization: choose to separately randomize frequencies, filter, volume envelopes, pitch envelopes, volumes and algorithm
- Save As: keep the Save button pressed for 1 second to open the Save As dialog. A short press does a regular save like before
- Filter Dry/Wet parameter was added to the modulation destinations
- Multiple Recall was implemented, it works like Multiple Save to quickly find which elements you edited and recall them
- Pressing the Perf/Patch/Voice buttons while you're on a sub-page brings you to the main page
- No more stuck notes using MIDI-RTP on Apple computers
- "Solo" button in patch editor didn't work properly with more than 6 layers
- When using a MIDI-USB controller plugged into the front USB port, events from the Voice Sequencer could very rarely miss their note off
- Performance parts could be muted by pressing simultaneously Perf and Global buttons.
- Some radio buttons didn't worked properly in firmware versions 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3
- "Bank Change" enable/disable on Performance Parts wasn't handled correctly
- Using the "Random Sound" feature cleared the modulation matrix without refreshing its display (now it doesn't clear the mod matrix anymore).
- Receiving MIDI commands that modify the current Performance settings (Volume, Pan etc.) while saving could make the EssenceFM think the Performance is corrupted.
- Advanced microtunings: choose arbitrary frequencies for each 128 notes
- Lossless audio rendering to USB drive (.wav, 16 or 24 bit)
- MIDI clock (BPM) as a modulation matrix source
- More FM parameters are updated in real-time as you edit the sounds
- Envelopes loops can now be set be after the sustain point
- Inc/Dec buttons allow to move the cursor in the naming page, they also work for navigating into the Voice Sequencer events
- Default behavior for the expression pedal can now be disabled (controls volume)
- Fix: expression pedal MIDI filter wasn't working
- Fix: in some rare cases, booting with a MIDI-USB device plugged in the front USB port could mix up the outputs assignations
- Fix: freeze when touching the screen during boot, and on some algorithm configurations
- Scala file support
- Fix default voices using free waveform slots instead of waveform #0 (Sine) - If you changed those sounds or fixed them by yourself, it won't do anything.
- DX7 32-voice and 1-voice sysex dump support via USB
- 'Turn off' screen after a delay now works as expected and also shuts down the key backlight
- Better detection of USB drives and USB-MIDI controllers
- Real time envelope update when editing
- In the modulation matrix, max ratio is now 400% (instead of 200%)
- Global > MIDI: MIDI file player
- LFO is now syncable to MIDI clock
- Envelope loops can loop forever if you omit the sustain point
- Global > Audio: Option to disable waveform interpolation
- Larger range for pitch envelopes (8 octaves)
- Algorithm navigation with the main wheel
- See/edit all part volumes and pans on a single screen by pressing Performance two times
- Fixed a bug where the sustain point was ignored in combination with mod. matrix changing the envelope speed
- Globlal > Display : Angle compensation feature (contrast) for people having the EssenceFM lower than their eyesight.
- Fixed a rare crash that could happen when removing/editing modulation matrix entries
- Fixed a bug where performance effects could end up overwriting patch effects
- New background patterns and color themes
- Better support for exotic Wave files for import
- Mute/Solo buttons for operators and patch layers
- More digital gain available to boost output volume
- Switching between Global and other modes now remembers the current page you were in
- Many, many small ergonomics improvements