Voir la newsletter en Français
We prepared a new firmware bringing some exciting features. We're also working on a second production batch for the EssenceFM, as the current stocks are nearly empty. You can get the last units from our partner retailers, after that there will be a shortage for several months before the new units are available.
(click to access the download page)
New shimmer effect
Deep reverb with an ethereal, singing sound
New graphical theme:
FM voice edition
Voice sequencer (arpeggiator)
New icon set
You aren't forced to use that new interface,
the old one is still available if you like it better.
Share your EssenceFM sounds
The new packed import/export system allows you to easily share sounds by saving multiple elements into a single archive. Each performance with its associated patches, voices and waveforms can be saved and imported into another EssenceFM.
Furthermore, the forum at kodamo.org
now has dedicated sections where you can upload your sound banks and share your tracks.
Other features in V4:
- New effect Long Tap Delay: a two-tap stereo delay that is longer than the original delay
- New effect Mono Mix: offers 4 modes for converting audio to mono: L+R, only L, only R, L-R
- Advanced sound randomization: choose to separately randomize frequencies, filter, volume envelopes, pitch envelopes, volumes and algorithm
- Save As: keep the Save button pressed for 1 second to open the Save As dialog. A short press does a regular save like before
- Manipulations done in the modulation matrix Set Source/Set Dest popups now take effect in real time
- Filter Dry/Wet parameter was added to the modulation destinations
- Multiple Recall was implemented, it works like Multiple Save to quickly find which elements you edited and recall them
- Pressing the Perf/Patch/Voice buttons while you're on a sub-page brings you to the main page
Bug fixes in V4:
- No more stuck notes using MIDI-RTP (Ethernet-MIDI) on Apple computers
- "Solo" button in Patch didn't work properly with more than 6 layers
- When using a MIDI-USB controller plugged in the front USB port, events in the Voice Sequencer could very rarely miss their note off
- Performance parts could be muted by pressing simultaneously Perf and Global buttons.
- Some radio buttons didn't displayed properly in firmware versions 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3
- "Bank Change" enable/disable on Performance Parts wasn't handled correctly
- Using the "Random Sound" feature cleared the modulation matrix without refreshing its display.
- Receiving MIDI commands that modified the current Performance settings (Volume, Pan etc.) could make the EssenceFM think the Performance is corrupted.
A few words about the company and the future
As you may know, Kodamo is a small French company created one year ago with the crazy project of building super powerful hardware synths. We started with very few resources, took the risk of bringing a totally new product to the market, and you embraced it. We can't thank you enough for your confidence, interest and your encouraging messages. We're more decided than ever to keep improving the EssenceFM and create new cool products!
Stay tuned for the next news
The Kodamo Teamhttps://kodamo.org
To unsubscribe, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org