Voir la newsletter en Français
Live sound manipulation - By CO5MA
EssenceFM gets TONS of new features
We prepared this little surprise after we got the first user impressions and feedbacks.
MIDI file player
You can now play MIDI files from your USB drive, while receiving MIDI from external sources. It allows many uses like playing on a background track, having notes automatically triggered while you're doing sound design, having fun playing music without any external device.
Support for Scala tuning files
You asked it, we implemented it. Scala files are now supported. How to import them
Support for 32-voice DX7 sysex banks over USB
You can now import full DX7 banks and single-voices via USB! This is a basic import that will help you recreating your favourite patches on the EssenceFM. How to import them
FM engine features
- MIDI-Syncable LFOs: An essential feature that was missing
- Retro sound mode: Do you like FM synthesis with a slightly dirtier sound like on the YM2612? This is a new option for disabling waveform interpolation, effectively restoring some aliasing and brightness to the sound!
- Infinite envelope loops: They will keep running after key release if you omit the sustain point in your envelope. With a sustain point, they behave the same way as before.
- Increased pitch envelope range: From 4 octaves to 8.
Improved USB Host compatibility
Compatibility with USB drives and MIDI controllers is much better now.
- Pressing the Performance button two times shows the volume and pan for all 16 parts, allowing you to quickly edit those parameters
- Switching between Global and other modes now remembers the current page you were in
- A 'Solo' button was added to operators and patch layers, in addition to the Mute button
- It's now possible to navigate into the algorithm and scroll envelopes with the main wheel
- Envelopes are updated in realtime as you edit them, and their total duration is now displayed
- For users looking at the EssenceFM from above, there is an "Angle Compensation" feature to improve screen contrast
Many bugfixes are also included. See all changes
How do I install this firmware?
Download it here and follow the instructions.
Stay tuned for more exciting news!
To unsubscribe, please send an email to email@example.com