Voir la newsletter en Français
This meditative track shows sound textures made with the EssenceFM, making heavy use of resonant filters. © Giampiero Occhiato
The EssenceFM gets an upgrade with a new high-pass filter, 48 user waveforms instead of 24 and many other features to make this synthesizer even more powerful and expressive!
Detailed feature list
- Multimode filter with morphing capability between high pass and low pass modes, controllable with the modulation matrix
- 48 user waveform slots instead of 24
- The Voice Sequencer has the ability to keep its instances synchronized with each other, allowing you to play chords while keeping the patterns in sync
- Scale override at the Patch level. Takes priority over the voice scale.
- On-the-fly algorithm swap available as a modulation matrix destination. Selects between the 32 algorithm presets.
- True mono mode at the layer level: the "Exclusion Group" feature can be configured to release currently playing notes or hard-cut them, like on a monophonic synthesizer.
- MIDI LFO sync ratio (clock) has been added to the modulation matrix destinations
- New "Free Running" mode for operator phases, useful to use operators as LFOs
- Added support for sostenuto pedal (CC 66 - only sustains notes that were held before pressing the pedal)
- Added support for MPE in Patch and Voice modes. Select "Omni/MPE" for the Global Channel setting in Global > MIDI to enable it
- New visualization system in Global > Audio allowing you to see all parts, their notes and allocated voices
- Voice randomization: option to separately randomize the LFO
Many user interface improvements
- Events in the Voice Sequencer can be moved using the main jog wheel
- Ability to copy/paste between different envelopes types (volume, pitch, filter, panning)
- Voice editor: Zoom scale on envelopes stays identical when switching operators
- Voice editor: Double-tap operators to mute/unmute them
- A default name is enforced when a new element (empty slot) is being edited
- Waveforms can be moved to other slots
- Black theme: better looking menu bar
- New startup animation
- Patch editor: indicator for currently playing layers
- Very rare double-triggered key presses are prevented (improved debouncing)
And some bug fixes
- USB import no longer freezes when importing sounds without any free slot available
- Modulation matrix: Pan as a destination didn't go up to 100% left / 100% right and didn't work in combination with RNG source
- Performance/Patch mode: Importing a performance/patch from USB into the currently used performance/patch slot did not immediately apply effects
- Exclusion Groups did not work under some circumstances (envelopes in Linear mode with Sustain Point set on the last point)
- Voice allocation display glitch
- Undoing a category change for patches/voices did not immediately update Patch/Voice lists
- Copy key did not work on all text elements
Update on production and availability
Production of the new EssenceFM units is going well, but there are air freight issues for the power supplies we ordered. Almost every manufacturer worldwide is affected, we're trying our best to make it as seamless as possible. There may be some additional delays but we're close to the goal.
Pre-orders will be shipped first, as soon as the last parts arrive at our workshop.
We didn't expect such a high demand for the EssenceFM, most of the new units are already pre-ordered and reserved for music stores. If you want to reserve yours knowing there is at least a 1-month delay before delivery, you can reserve yours on the Kodamo online store.
You can also get the last V1 units which are immediately available at Modularsquare and Rage Audio.
V1 units offer the same features as the MKII ones.
We're glad to announce our partnership with Thomann. More music stores trust Kodamo, leading to more visibility, more users and more resources to improve and design new synthesizers.
Check the full retailer list here: Kodamo Retailer List
Retailers will get stock soon, after pre-orders are shipped.
Thank you for following us
The Kodamo Teamhttps://kodamo.org
To unsubscribe, please send an email to email@example.com