Polyphonic Portamento, Double Feedbacks, MIDI-Synced Delay...
V6.0 takes the EssenceFM to the next level!
Click on the picture to watch the video
Go to the download page
Full change list
- [More Feedbacks] All 300 voices get an additional feedback, on operator #2, with its own Level and Source parameters
- [More Play Modes] The EssenceFM only had a single mono mode for Parts (Patches), it was "Mono on Legato", which meant notes could still overlap if you didn't play legato. To bring more fun and versatility we expanded the single mono mode to four different modes in addition to the polyphonic mode:
Reminder: to store mode and portamento settings for various patches, use a Performance
- MonoLP: mono on legato, portamento triggered on legato (same as before)
- Mono: true mono, portamento always triggered (new!)
- MonoL: mono on legato, portamento always triggered (new!)
- MonoP: true mono, portamento triggered on legato (new!)
- [Mono Behavior] Improved playability, last-note priority now handles any number of pressed keys instead of two previously
- [Polyphonic Portamento] Portamento now takes effect in polyphonic mode. Try stacking various Poly/Mono sounds with different portamento inside a Performance for some cool effects!
Note: during the upgrade, your performances will be updated to have portamento set to zero for all polyphonic parts
Important: if you import a performance made on an older version than 6.0, portamento will be heard on polyphonic parts. Set it to zero to get your original sound back.
- [Feedback Level Smoothing] Feedback level destination in the modulation matrix now doesn't produce stepping when modulation ratio is super small
- [Operator Volume Smoothing] Quickly changing operators volume using the touch screen does not produce clicks anymore. Also, controlling operators volume via the modulation matrix is smoother
- [Realtime Editing Improvements] Voice Volume, Transpose and Tuning parameters now takes effect immediately without needing to retrigger the note
- [Envelope Point Alignment Helper] A horizontal line shows up when the envelope point you're moving is aligned with other points. That helps you to find the perfect position for envelope loops.
- [Preview Button] Pressing Preview on patches that have no layers responding to the preview notes will play the first available layers. This is useful to make the preview button work on drum kits.
- [Modulation Matrix] Added "Alternator" source. Alternates between 0 and 127 on each key press. Will you find uses for it ?
- [Modulation Matrix] When setting up a new modulation, Source and Destination are both prompted instead of having to set them separately
- [Modulation Matrix] Added filter envelope point Y positions as destinations
- [Envelopes] Horizontal and vertical stretch feature for envelopes
- [Voice/Patch List Export] In Global > Storage > Export you can export the full patch and voice list as a text (CSV) file
- [Sound Engine] Operators' frequency is 64 times more accurate than before - Helps preserving a nice phase sync between operators
- [DX7 Voice Import] Vastly improved DX7 voice import, although some parameters remain unsupported or with major differences. A lot of banks can be downloaded here: http://dxsysex.com/ Try it!
- [USB File Selector] Folders are displayed first, then files, all sorted by alphabetical order
- [LFO Display] A cursor is displayed on the LFO waveform to show its current position
- [Note Stacking] A new feature called "Prevent Same Notes From Stacking" is available in Global > Audio > Options, it allows the EssenceFM to behave more like an acoustic instrument where you can always have a single instance of a note at the same time. This also reduces polyphony usage on trills and may make the sound cleaner depending on what you play.
- [Saving behavior] Pressing Save now always shows the 'Save As' dialog, asking you if you want to overwrite the current element or save it to another location. Press Save again or press Ok on the touch screen to confirm.
- [Edition Buffer] Before this new version, if you edited an element that was already edited but not saved, then tried to save it to another location ('Save As'), the initial element was resetted to its original state before any edition. Now this doesn't happen anymore, because the EssenceFM always keeps a copy of the element each time you edit it.
- [Copy] Pressing the Copy button shows a quick message on screen to confirm it worked
- [Synced Delay] Long Synced Delay replaces Long Tap Delay. The new delay is MIDI-syncable and can have its delay time changed smoothly, doing that will create a cool tape-like pitch effect, very noticeable if you change the length manually. The 'Tap' parameter does not exist anymore. When MIDI Sync is enabled, difference between L/R delay parameters is used to create a slight stereo effect.
- [Fractional Multipliers] For each operator, the Frequency Multiplier parameter can take fractional values (1/2, 1/4, 1/8 etc.), making low ratios much easier to get than before
- [MIDI Clock] More accurate BPM calculation from MIDI clock